Sunday, September 16, 2007

TUESDAY: Apologies

Sorry for the lack of updates of late. To celebrate our 3 year anniversary, Shaun & I popped up to Taupo for a lovely break, and then on our return spent a night with my family, who has just returned from 9 months in Europe. Between that and the fact that our computers been on the blink, I just haven't had the chance to post. But now i'm going to catch up with postings of some of the meals we ate during my time away from my precious computer!

First up, a lovely breakfast in Taupo at the Replete Food Company. I had the 'Complete Replete Breakfast' of Roasted Field Mushrooms, Poached Eggs, Grilled Foccacia, Honey Cured Bacon & Tomato Relish (pictured below) whilst my carnivourous (and mushroom-hating) fiancee indulged in the 'Big Breakfast' of Honey Cured Bacon, Sausages, Hash Browns, Poached Eggs, Grilled Foccacia & Tomato Relish.





The food was definately lovely, but the coffee was, in my humble opinion, terrible.....and the fact that the coffee didn't arrive until we had nearly finished our meal was what I would call downright bad service. Next time i'd just order a juice. (Oh and carnivourous male complained not enough bacon, but he loved their sausages!)

What is your favourite breakfast treat (mine? Eggs Bene with Spinach for sure)
Tamara xx

No comments: