Monday, September 3, 2007

MONDAY: At your request, Honey

Crumbed Schnitzel would probably be my fiancees most favouritest meal in the whole wide world. I quite enjoy it too, though it certainly wouldn't be my choice if it was my last meal ever. But because I love him, and because I haven't made it for months, last night I promised him schnitzel. And thats what I delivered!




In our house schnitzel is only eaten 1 way, smothered in lemon juice and served with a pile of mash taties and peas. I've found the best schnitzel is that you make yourself, i.e buy steak, smash it out into thin schnitzels and crumb it yourself. That way theres no grissle and the like as in those plastic pre-crumbed pieces you buy. And flavour your crumbs too, last night it was lemon pepper crumbs and cooked in chilli oil. Mmm.

Tamara xx

No comments: