Friday, August 24, 2007

THURSDAY: Bob and Fred

As usual, the last question emailed to me by my lovely fiancee before I left work was "Whats for Dinner (honey)?" My reply quickly sent off before I picked up my bag and walked out the door..... Braised Duck Tagliatelle.

When darling fiancee got home a few hours after me and I set dinner in front of him, he sat there for a few minutes just starring. Then the comment "I can't eat duck, not when we have Bob and Fred sitting out on our front lawn." You see, we have a group of ducks who frequent our neighbourhood and enjoy sitting out on our front lawn (whenever our cats are inside) and we named a pair of them who often come to say hello, Bob and Fred.

However, after a few mouthfuls he declared it delicious, and obviously got over eating duck!



Meltingly tender duck braised in a rich red wine sauce, tossed through fresh pasta and sprinkled with fresh parsley and the 'grand cru' of all cheeses, Parmigiano Reggiano.
Eat Well, Drink Well, Live Well.
Tamara xxx

No comments: